We are know the causes of cancer. It could be hereditary or may be caused due to some environmental factor. Many people try their best to stay away from this dreadful disease. They take numerous steps to prevent themselves. However, there is evidence that limiting the consumption of some foods could prevent or delay the onset of cancer, especially for those with a known family history of cancers of the digestive system. Cancer causing food are typically rich in refined sugars, processed carbohydrates, preservatives and by-products of deep-frying. Many of these foods also have harmful effects on health in general, effecting the cardiovascular, nervous and reproductive system. These cancer causing food further lead to the development of diabetes, obesity and other heart diseases.
1. Sweet beverages: Food sources high in refined sugars such as sweetened beverages, sodas and many juices can increase cancer risk. A 2010 study stated that people who consume two or more servings of soda per week have an 87% higher chance of developing pancreatic cancer compared to individuals who do not consume soft drinks. Other studies have also shown a link between sugar consumption and cancers of the stomach and colon. While sugar itself does not directly turn healthy cells into cancer, it is the preferred food source for cancerous cells and helps to promote tumor growth during the tumor formation process. Over time, a heavy sugar intake can also increase overall metabolic output of cells, increasing the amount of oxidative by-products that are produced and released into their environment.
2. Fried food: This we all know that fried food not only increases the risk of cholesterol and other heart diseases, but also risks the developing of cancer especially when they contain hydrogenated oils, trans-fats, and a by-product of the deep-frying process called acrylamide. Acrylamide is a well- known tumor causing agent and also a potent neurotoxin, having adverse effects not only on the brain, but on the reproductive system as well. High level carbohydrate food like fried potatoes like French fries, tater tots and so on produce acrylamide during the frying process.
3. Doughnuts: Doughnuts are the culmination of three major classes of cancer causing foods. They are deep fried, they contain tons and tons of sugar and they are based on heavily refined carbohydrates. The combination of by-products from the frying process together with heavy amounts of sugar and processed flour make doughnuts particularly risky to those hoping to reduce cancer risk.
4. Hot dogs: Preserved, cured or pickled meats are a known risk factor in stomach cancer and other malignancies of the digestive system. Such meats turn out to be more dangerous for our health when other ingredients like sodium nitrate which is a key preservative in hot dogs and other meat products, is added. Hot dogs and other preserved, salted meats such as bacon or bologna should be consumed in moderation or avoided, especially for those at risk for stomach cancer.
5. Burned Meats: When organic plant or animal matter is burned, a number of toxic, mutagenic by-products are formed. Many of these by-products are exactly the same as those produced in the burning of tobacco that accounts for the toxic and cancer promoting effects of cigarettes.