The name itself gives a shiver in the whole body. A disease which is the most dangerous and which every human being is feared of. Cancer is a disease caused by out of control cell growth. There are 100 types of cancers in this world. It badly damages body. When damaged cells divide uncontrollably and forms lumps or masses of tissues which causes tumors. Tumors can grow and interfere with the digestive, nervous and circulatory systems and this can attack the body parts and its systems. When tumors successfully spreads to other parts of body and grows destroying all body parts, it becomes serious condition that is difficult to treat. This guide on cancer shall help you understand the basics of cancer which are as follows:
What causes cancer?
It is the result of cells that uncontrollably grow and do not die. Normal cells in the body orderly grows, divide and then die on their own, but some cells when do not go in regular basis, they grow and divide and do not die, but starts growing own their own, which causes cancer. This growth of cells causes damages to body parts. It is thus necessary to guide on cancer to the people who are unaware about the causes of cancer.
They are different and depend on where cancer is located and how big it is. Some cancer can be felt or seen through the skin- a lump on the breast, mole on the skin for skin cancers, even white spots on tongue. Some are less apparent. Some symptoms are slow first leads to constipation, diarrhoea etc.
How it is diagnosed?
If you have a proper doctor to guide on cancer early detection can give way to successful treatment. Extracting cancer cells and looking them under a microscope is the only absolute way to diagnose cancer. It is called Biopsy. After diagnose, doctors find out how far the cancer is spread and the stage of cancer is. The stage determines which choices are available for treatment.
How it is treated?
It depends on its types and how far it is spread. There are different treatments.
- Hormone therapy
- Gene therapy
Our behaviour and our actions is the easiest prevention for cancer.
- Not to smoke, tobacco or drink alcohol which lower risk of cancer most probably throat, lungs and mouth cancers.
- Skin cancers can be prevented by staying in shade, protecting with a hat and using proper sunscreen. It also sometimes depend on what regularly cosmetics products you use and of which company. Bad quality products only to buy for cheap rates can be a reason for skin cancers.
- Diet is also an important part and a step towards prevention of cancer. It includes food which is low in fat and rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and even whole grains. It is said that even coffee is a good diet for prevention of cancer.
- Certain vaccinations have been too associated with its preventions which should be consulted with your trusted family doctor.
- The best prevention remedy is continuous and regular whole body check up in a reputed and a trusted hospital under a qualified and an experienced doctor. Regular check-ups have become a must today as it can help fight even the smallest infectious disease.